MDA Corp. says commercial satcom bidding is at record-high level
by Peter B. de Selding — May 5, 2016
Multiple mythical beasts? MDA Corp. said its SSL satellite manufacturing division has received requests for information from seven customers interested in terabit-per-second satellites. SSL and Eutelsat recently disclosed that the just-launched Eutelsat 65 West A satellite over Latin America, pictured here, carried a secret passenger: An experimental Q/V band payload to test future terabit-throughput technologies. Credit: SSL – See more at: https://spacenews.com/mda-corp-says-commercial-satcom-bidding-is-at-record-high-level/#sthash.3PrMqq9b.BmvemM04.dpuf
- Teramics has completed the design of a single 9W GaN MMIC for Q-band (37-40.5 GHz).
- Teramics has designed a quad 32 Gbit/sec Modulator driver. This SMT design is utilizing SiGe, InP and GaAs MMICs designed by Teramics. The compact design of the MMICs allow a final package with the lowest footprint in the market.
- Teramics has successfully launched Ka-band high power GaN SSPA with graceful degradation for mission critical applications.
- Teramics has delivered high efficiency energy harvesting chips for wearable markets. The design in Si CMOS offers excellent RF to DC efficiency and is integrated with an antenna array.
- Teramics has designed a family of ultra high efficiency linear GaN MMICs for Space applications.
- Teramics delivers a 20W Single MMIC design with > 35% PAE at 17GHz to a major provider of equipment for Space.
- Teramics delivers high linearity GaN amplifiers for 4096 QAM point-to-point mmwave applications.Teramics design in Q-band has been successfully launched in Space allowing high bit rate communication links.
- Teramics delivers a 7W Doherty PA with > 40% PAE at 19GHz at 4dB OBO
- Teramics has developed compact beam steering ICs with integrated 5-bit phase shifter and attenuator for commercial applications.
- Teramics has completed the design of several high speed integrated circuits for a major communication network provider. The new designs are in GaAs, InP, and SiGe and demonstrate cutting edge performance.
- Teramics has completed the design of a quad TIA with outstanding noise floor in InP
- Teramics has completed a mmwave transmitter array design for beam steering in Dupont’s LTCC.