Design Services & Capabilities
Teramics provides turn-key services for high frequency products to 300GHz. Our core competencies lie in the design of mm-wave ICs, surface mount packages, PCBs, Passives and Antennas.
Teramics specializes in a specific set of technology areas and market segments. Teramics focus is in custom MMIC and RFIC design in GaAs, GaN, InP and SiGe processes, high frequency modules, components and sub-systems.
Packaging & Test
Teramics complements its custom MMIC and RFIC design capabilities with turn-key surface-mount packaging and test services.
Teramics’ focus is on mm-wave packaging (including hermetic), high precision assemblies for space and military and test to 300 GHz.
Teramics offers consulting services to clients evaluating a new technology and/or product. Teramics specializes in compound semiconductor technologies and products in mm-wave and high speed optoelectronics markets.
- Teramics’ core competency is in design of Integrated circuits and Transceivers from DC to sub-THz such as:
– Ka, Q, V, E and W-band Transceivers
– Low noise, Variable gain, distributed, limiting and Power amplifiers
– Frequency Up and Down Converters, image-reject and balanced, fundamental and
– Low Phase Noise VCOs
– Frequency prescalers
– Frequency multipliers
– Variable Attenuators
– Phase Shifters
– TIA and Drivers for optical
- Simulation tools:
– Agilent ADS®, Cadence Virtuoso®, Agilent Golden gate®, AWR Microwave office® circuit simulators
– ANSYS HFSS®, Agilent EMPRO® and Momentum®, CST® and Sonnet® Electromagnetic Field simulators
– Agilent Spectrasys® system simulator
- Device Design and Modeling Software
- Circuit Design and Simulation Software
- System Design and Simulation Software
- Planar and 3D EM Simulation
- GaAs MESFET, HFET, Phemt, HBT, VPIN
- InP HBT, HEMT
- GaN HEMT
- SiGe BiCMOS
- Si CMOS
- Surface-Mount Packaging, Overmold, Air-cavity (laminate, Ceramic)
- Hermetic packaging to mm-wave frequencies
- Passives: Filters, Duplexers, Dividers, Couplers
- Teramics design team has experience in the development of > 500 custom high frequency MMICs, packages, passives and Antennas from definition to volume production. Teramics can manage the complete supply chain process including foundry relationship, modeling, design, wafer testing, dicing/sorting, mm-wave surface-mount packaging, back-modeling and test.
- Teramics works with a number of leading semiconductor foundries including TriQuint Semiconductor®, Northrop Grumman®, IBM®, Jazz®, Sumitomo®, Gree®, GCS® and WIN Semiconductor®.
- Teramics offers custom mm-wave surface-mount package designs including test fixture design, R&D and volume production test.
- Teramics works with a number of leading packaging firms including Kyocera® and Stratedge®.
- Teramics offers packaging and test of customer chips in custom hermetic, overmold, ceramic and air-cavity QFN packages including characterization and test (including test for hermeticity).
- Teramics offers ATE hardware and software test development through its strategic partners for high volume as well as low-volume high-mix products.
- Teramics offers services in nonlinear modeling, load-pull, noise parameters and X-parameters in collaboration with its strategic partners.
- Using a combination of state-of-the art simulation tools and a network of very experienced technical affiliates and consultants, Teramics offers a variety of services:
– Space qualified turn-key IC design, test and packaging
– Reliability testing
– Failure analysis, SEMS, FIB
– Cost reduction, obsolescence re-designs
– Market analysis
– Access to intellectual property
– Evaluation of and recommendation for technology and product road maps
- Teramics’ services support a broad range of products and technologies in RF/Microwave & mm-wave Communications.